CA CPT Important Questions, Notes, Syllabus for June 2017
Details for CA CPT Important Questions, Notes, Syllabus for June 2017:
Hello friends..!! In this article we have updated CA CPT Important question papers, Notes and also New Syllabus for June 2017. ICAI announced that they will make some changes in CA course from 2016. ICAI has changed name of entrance test i;e CPT (common proficiency test) to CA Foundation course. CA Foundation exam will be conducted twice a year in the months of May and November. New syllabus will be applicable from June 2017. ICAI will give some fixed number of attempts to complete CA CPT in old syllabus for old registration students. There are 4 papers in CA Foundation course from June 2017. ICAI introduced general English and Business and Commercial Knowledge subjects in CPT new syllabus.
Common Proficiency Test Syllabus
SESSION – I
(Two Sections– Two hours – 100 Marks)
CPT Fundamentals of Accounting Syllabus for June 2017
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
- Theoretical Framework
(i) Meaning and Scope of accounting
(ii) Accounting Concepts, Principles and Conventions
(iii) Accounting Standards – concepts, objectives, benefits
(iv) Accounting Policies
(v) Accounting as a measurement discipline – valuation principles, accounting estimates
- Accounting Process
Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures, Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities, Fundamental errors including rectifications thereof.
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
Basis of inventory valuation and record keeping.
- Depreciation accounting
Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation
- Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
- Accounting for Special Transactions
(b) Joint Ventures
(c) Bills of exchange and promissory notes
(d) Sale of goods on approval or return basis.
- Partnership Accounts
Final accounts of partnership firms – Basic concepts of admission, retirement and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.
- Introduction to Company Accounts
Issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited shares, redemption of preference shares.
CPT Mercantile Law Syllabus for June 2017
Section B: Mercantile Laws (40 Marks)
- The Indian Contract Act , 1872: An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of contract, consideration, other essential elements of a valid contract, performance of contract and breach of contract.
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Formation of the contract of sale – Conditions and Warranties – Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods – Unpaid seller and his rights.
- The India Partnership Act, 1932: General Nature of Partnership – Rights and duties of partners –Registration and dissolution of a firm.
SESSION – II
(Two Sections– Two hours – 100 Marks)
CPT General Economics Syllabus for June 2017
Section C: General Economics (50 Marks)
(I) Micro Economics
- Introduction to Micro Economics
(a) Definition, scope and nature of Economics
(b) Methods of economic study
(c) Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
- Theory of Demand and Supply
(a) Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand ─ Price, income and cross elasticity
(b) Theory of consumer ’s behavior – Marshall Ian approach and Indifference curve approach
(c) Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of supply.
- Theory of Production and Cost
(a) Meaning and Factors of production
(b) Laws of Production – The Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale
(c) Concepts of Costs ─ Short-run and long-run costs, Average and marginal costs, Total, fixed and variable costs.
- Price Determination in Different Markets
(a) Various forms of markets – Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
(b) Price determination in these markets.
(II) Indian Economic Development
- Indian Economy – A Profile
(a) Nature of the Indian Economy
(b) Role of different sectors – Agriculture, Industry and Services in the development of the Indian economy, their problems and growth
(c) National Income of India – Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income, Growth of national income and per capita income in various plans.
(d) Basic understanding of tax system of India – Direct and Indirect Taxation
Also Check: CA IPCC Results November 2016 in February 2017
- Select Aspects of Indian Economy
(a) Population – Its size, rate of growth and its implication for growth
(b) Poverty – Absolute and relative poverty and main programs for poverty alleviation
(c) Unemployment – Types, causes and incidence of unemployment
(d) Infrastructure ─ Energy, Transportation, Communication, Health and Education
(f) Budget and Fiscal deficits
(g) Balance of payments
(h) External debts.
- Economic Reforms in India
(a) Features of economic reforms since 1991
(b) Liberalization, Privatization and Disinvestment
- Money and Banking
(a) Money – Meaning and functions
(b) Commercial Banks – Role and functions
(c) Reserve Bank of India – Role and functions, Monetary policy.
- CA IPCC Registration, Exam Fees, Last Date for Nov 2017
- CA IPCC Admit Card for May 2017
- CA Final Registration, Last Date, Exam fees for May 2017
CPT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus for June 2017
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)
- Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms
Linear – simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution to linear equations.
Graphs of inequalities in two variables ─ common region.
- Simple and Compound Interest including annuity ─ Applications
- Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Sets, Functions and Relations
- Limits and Continuity ─ Intuitive Approach
- Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus (excluding trigonometric functions)
- Statistical description of data
(a) Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data.
(b) Frequency Distribution.
(c) Graphical representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
Arithmetic Mean, Median – Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean, Standard
deviation, Quartile deviation
- Correlation and Regression
- Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation
- Theoretical Distributions
Binomial, Poisson and Normal.
- Sampling Theory
Basic Principles of sampling theory, Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration,
Errors in sample survey, some important terms associated with sampling, Types of sampling, Theory of estimation, Determination of sample size.
- Index Numbers
Tips for passing/cracking CA CPT June 2017
Here, I have given 7 most important tips for CA CPT exam. Kindly consider to crack CPT in first shot.
1) Most IMP: Remember you will have to get at least 30% in all subject, so till last attempt, generally CPT students were leaving Matchs & statistic totally, but you can not do so as 30% rule is applicable.
2) Accounting: Accounting is the scoring subject for CPT exam. If your account is well then your chances of cracking CPT is very high. In Accounting before starting revision of chapters/sums, first study whole theory of that chapter and then solve at least 1 or 2 questions from examples.
3) Mercantile Law: Prepare Mercantile Law thoroughly, don’t miss any topic, refer all the acts applicability date & definition. because it was the only scoring subject after accounts. Contract Act is important one.
4) Economics: In economics 1st complete Macro economics then go for micro economics. Macro Economics is also very scoring.
5) Quantitative Aptitude (Maths & Statistics): In Mathematics, first do the easy chapters which you had learned in school during 8, 9 ,10 ; I am not remembering those chapters name but you should be knowing it. In Statistics, don’t miss Differentiation and integration, Correlation and regression and theoritical distribution as these are the important one.
6) How many answers to tick???: This is the most obvious question to most of the CPT students. I will recommend you to tick mark around 160 – 170 minimum if your preparation is not good enough. Don’t do foolish thing of marking all of 200 questions otherwise you may be failed with 7 – 10 marks missing.
I have personally seen peoples who tick mark all of them and fails, recently my friend had done the same mistake and he got 94 and failed and his brother had ticked 168 and he got 100 marks and was the luckiest CPT cracker. So, please keep this thing in mind. If you are well prepared then you don’t need to keep such restriction.
7) Be confident & Hard-worker: Last but not least study hard and do the hard work only because there is no substitute of hard work.
Changes in CPT Syllabus from 2017:
- The present entrance exam CPT (Common Proficiency Test) has changed to “Foundation Exam”
- CPT MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) based exam has changed to Foundation descriptive exam. Now you can register for CPT before 6 months. In new scheme you should register before 9 months.
- Adequate time gap is given so that students get sufficient time to study since the Foundation Course has been made descriptive. Also, there is an addition of full paper.
- Foundation Examination will be partly descriptive in nature.
- ICAI has added two additional papers in Foundation exam (CPT). They are 1. General English for 40 Marks. 2. Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks).
If you like this article, then do not forget to share it. Stay tuned with us for more updates.